Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Day 9 and 2/3 Sunday, January 23, 2011

Home Depot, the Closed Tile Store and PC Richards


Well Sunday morning arrived quite briskly. NY1 taunting me with a frigid 7 degrees. But not to fear, my Project Manager (not to be confused with my General Contractor), Owen and I went to buy the tile at Nemo Tile on 21st (between Park and Madison). Being the diligent folks we are, we checked Nemo's website to make sure they were open on Sundays. Clearly the store hours announced they were in fact open on Sundays. But, apparently they need to update their website. We arrived to find the doors locked tight and the tile samples mocking me from the dark. Foiled again. (Yes, this is the second trip to select and purchase tile; I failed the first time, chalk it up to a lipreading malfunction.)

Onward we marched to the Home Depot. A throng of happy Do It Yourself New Yorkers bustling around, selecting stuff with a carefree, "I am such a great interior designer, of course I know exactly what I want" attitude. I could feel the pressure building. God, I hate shopping. However, this trip I had my trusty Project Manager by my side. We returned the shower body (the guts behind the wall and the simple faucet) as well as the fancy shower wand I had purchased a few days before. The fluorescent lighting in Home Depot depletes my brain cells; I was sure the bathroom faucet I had purchased at Lowes was a shiny finish. It was not. So, here we were on Sunday to return the shiny shower stuff for the right ones. Customer Service was surprising good with the return. Very quick and simple. Bravo Home Depot Customer Service!

We then ducked across the street to PC Richards to purchase my appliances. Being very clever, we had decided to purchase the appliances first, so we didn't have to lug the Home depot stuff around PC Richards. (Okay, I can't claim credit for this decision about buying appliances first, the credit goes to Project Manager.)

Who is my talented Project Manager you ask? Well, his name rhymes with the name of the clothing store sponsoring the Fashion Show where poor delusional Danielle's weave was the ripped out, right down to the root. And by weave, I don't mean a merkin. But I digress.

PC Richards was fairly painless. I had prepared myself for a couple hours of wavering between various refrigerators, stoves I won't use, microwaves and of course, searching for the perfect dishwasher. But, thanks to my very posh Project Manager, the experience was pretty simple. Lucy, our very capable, friendly and dog lovin' salesperson guided us through the array of appliances. We began with refrigerators. Then moved on to stoves, dishwashers and microwaves.

Here are the photos of the appliances installed:















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your ideas, insights, thoughts and criticism with me.